Click here for Retiree Election results.
Please see the notice below from CTU Financial Secretary Kristine Mayle:
Attention all delegates:
If you have not already done so, please be sure to complete nominations and elections for the new delegate term commencing February 1, 2012. Even if you are returning as delegate and have no other members interested in running for the position, you MUST hold a nomination meeting and complete the nomination form with members’ signatures in order to be seated for a new term.
In accordance with Article VI, Section 3 of the Chicago Teachers Union Constitution and By-Laws, the terms of office of current delegates will end JANUARY 31, 2012.
- Announcements have been made at the last couple of House meetings on this important matter.
- Delegate election materials were mailed to all schools December 12, 2011.
- New Delegates will be seated at the House of Delegates Meeting on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 (deadline to submit election material was Friday, January 13, 2012).
- Also, extra delegate election material was available and passed out to delegates at the House of Delegates meeting on Wednesday, January 11, 2012.
- Any election material received past deadline will be processed and seated for the April House of Delegates meeting. If election material was not submitted in a timely manner, a member in good-standing may attend the House meeting as an un-paid VISITOR by showing a current check stub or union card.
If you have any questions regarding nomination or election procedures, please contact Norma Albor, Assistant to the Financial Secretary NormaAlbor@CTUlocal1.com or 312-329-6215.
Thank you for the important work you do as delegate. You are appreciated!