The Chicago Teachers Union shall present regular, vocational and special education awards each in the amount of $1,000.
The Awards are entirely unrestricted as to race, religion, political affiliation, or choice of accredited college, university, business, trade, or vocational school. The applicant must be a son or daughter of a currently employed, active member in good standing of the Chicago Teachers Union, or a son or daughter of a deceased member who was in good standing with the Chicago Teachers Union at the time of death, and a high school senior who will graduate this year before August 31, 2015. Special education student are eligible for all scholarships and are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please make certain that the application is completed in full, and that it is signed by the applicant AND the parent or guardian so that membership in good standing can be verified before presentation to the Scholarship Committee of the Chicago Teachers Union.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THIS APPLICATION:
- Transcript including class rank.
- Extracurricular activities record.
- College entrance test scores.
(Write “none” if applicant has not taken any test.)
- List of all monetary scholarships or awards received.
(Write “none” if no awards have been received.)
- Applicant’s work employment record, including type of work, approximate number of years, approximate hours per week.
(Write “none” if applicant has no work employment record.)
- A 500 word or less, typed, statement from applicant – “What I hope to gain from a post-secondary education.”
- Statement of recommendation from a teacher, dean, counselor or other school educator.
- For special education – proof of enrollment in a special education program from a teacher, dean, counselor or administrator.
INCOMPLETE INFORMATION WILL BE CAUSE FOR REJECTION