The CTU Is Hiring an Organizer
The CTU is interviewing to fill an Organizer position. This position plays a key role in our fight to enforce our contract and for good schools for all.
- Work with CTU members to involve them in acting upon member concerns, as well as educational and legislative issues that impact schools.
- Plan appropriate local actions in collaboration with school members to promote our members’ rights and fight for educational justice.
- Mobilize for union-wide events and campaigns.
- Develop grassroots leaders.
- Work with parents and community organizations around issues related to funding and other struggles to improve our schools and communities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstrated union/community/political/organizing experience
- Have served as union delegate or other union leadership position
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be well-organized, self-motivated, with demonstrated initiative and commitment
- Be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines
- Have the flexibility to work irregular, often long, hours
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Be willing to travel throughout the city and have daily access to an automobile
Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply. Open to all CTU members. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
Please submit your resume with references and a cover letter outlining your qualifications to Lupe Coyle at by Tuesday, October 7, 2014.