Apply for 2018 CTU Summer Organizing Institute
by ctu communications | 05/08/2018
Take a leading role in the campaign to promote our members’ rights and fight for educational justice! The CTU’s 2018 Summer Organizing Institute will provide training in organizing skills, leadership and union and community education issues.
Interns will meet with CTU members, parents and community leaders to prepare for our contract fight; win improved school staffing and funding; expand access to quality early education, expanded sanctuary and paraprofessionals rights; demand an elected school board; and engage in other struggles to improve our schools and our jobs.
Interns will also organize meetings and public events, mobilize supporters, and develop grassroots leaders. Help build the movement for good schools for all, while learning skills that will help you become a school leader when you return to your school in the fall!
- Interns will receive a weekly stipend and reimbursement for transportation expenses.
- Position requires strong communications skills and a passion for social justice.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the city and have access to an automobile.
- Minimum four-week commitment.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Open to all CTU members: PSRPs, clinicians and others encouraged to apply.
- Summer Organizing Institute begins July 9. Institute will end on August 4.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume by May 20, 2018, to Romel Ferguson in the Organizing Department at Organizing@ctulocal1.com.
Next Post: New survey shows CPS special ed problems continue despite ISBE probe