Summer Organizing Institute for CTU members... Apply today!
by norine gutekanst - ctu organizing coordinator | 05/15/2015
Take a leading role in the campaign to promote our members’ rights and fight for educational justice! CTU’s Summer Organizing Institute will provide training in organizing skills, leadership, and union and community education issues.
Summer Organizing interns will meet with CTU members, parents, and community leaders to build our contract campaign, fight for revenue for schools, oppose cuts and charter expansion, and engage in other struggles to improve our schools, jobs and city. Interns will mobilize supporters and develop grassroots leaders, organize meetings and public events and participate in neighborhood canvasses. Help build the movement for good schools for all, while learning skills that will help you become a school leader in our contract fight when you return in the fall!
- Interns will receive a weekly stipend
- Position requires strong communications skills and a passion for social justice.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the city and have access to an automobile.
- Minimum five week commitment. Five days/week including evenings and some Saturdays.
- Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Open to all CTU members: PSRPs, Clinicians and others encouraged to apply.
- Summer Organizing Internship begins Monday, July 6. Internship will end on August 8.
To apply or for more information, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until June 1, 2015