We are looking for an organizer
by ctu communications | 12/15/2017
CTU organizers play a key role in the fight to enforce our contract and for good schools for all. The roles and responsibilities of a CTU Organizer include, but are not limited to:
- Work with CTU members to involve them in acting upon member concerns, as well as educational and legislative issues that impact schools.
- Plan campaigns and develop actions in collaboration with school members to promote our members’ rights and fight for educational justice.
- Prepare CTU members to successfully organize their coworkers and mobilize parents.
- Help develop school-level issue campaigns to protect members’ rights under the contract.
- Mobilize for union-wide events and campaigns.
- Develop grassroots leaders.
- Work with parents and community organizations around issues related to funding and other struggles to improve our schools and communities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstrated union/community/political/organizing experience
- Have served as union delegate or other union leadership position
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in speaking, writing, and reading Spanish is highly desirable
- Be well-organized, self-motivated, with demonstrated initiative and commitment
- Be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines
- Be able to work irregular, often long, hours
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Be willing to travel throughout the city and have daily access to an automobile
Please submit resume, with references and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All are encouraged to apply. EOE M/F/D/V/SO/GI.
The deadline for submission is December 26, 2017.