The Chicago Teachers Union is committed to protecting our students, our schools and our communities. Although Chicago calls itself a “Sanctuary City,” this city still needs to adopt many more actions and policies that would increase protections for all students—especially our most vulnerable students who are immigrants, Muslims and LGBTQI. Even as the union joins the fight for these changes, we hope to provide resources for our members to use right now in supporting and protecting students who live under direct threat every day.
Three-Part Training Series
Be a leader on issues that impact immigrant students. Join the CTU Sanctuary in Schools Member Development Program. This 3-part series consists of a monthly training on the following dates: March 21, April 25 and May 16 from 5pm-7pm.
Know Your Rights for Immigrants
- What To Do if ICE Arrives -ACLU
- What To Do if ICE Arrives (Spanish) -ACLU
- Emergency Planning Sheet (Spanish & English)
- What to Do if ICE Comes to Your Door (in six languages) —United We Dream and Champaign Federation of Teachers
- Reporting ICE Activity (Spanish & English)—OCAD
- Understanding Trump’s Executive Orders —PASO
- Understanding Trump’s Executive Orders (Spanish) -PASO
- A Brief Guide for Sharing Reports of Raids on Social Media —DRUM
- Know Your Rights: ICE Visits and Travel —CAIR
- How to Protect Your Family in Case of a Raid —Heartland Alliance
- Know Your Rights (English/Spanish) —Enlace Chicago